GeForce FX Go 5200 on a Inspiron 8600 running FC3

Hardy Merrill hmerrill123 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 12:34:38 UTC 2004

This has been hot topic of conversation for a while -
if you search the archives for "NVidia" you'll see
lots of threads.  There are 2 workarounds that I'm
familiar with - one involves removing "rhgb" from the
kernel line in grub.conf, and the other involves
"udev".

Read this *whole* thread:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November/msg02617.html

I took the "rhgb" approach, but I'm going to try the
"udev" approach myself next.  Right now I have to boot
into runlevel 3 and run "startx" at the command
prompt.

HTH.

Hardy Merrill

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~rbirdman/configs/xorg.txt