fedora 3 upgrade: httpd won't start

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Thu Nov 18 13:17:50 UTC 2004

rado wrote:

>Upgrade from FC2 to FC3 everything else seems fine until the following:
>
>Nov 13 20:14:29 rbmain httpd: Syntax error on line
>of /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf:
>Nov 13 20:14:29 rbmain httpd: Cannot
>load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_authz_svn.so into
>server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_authz_svn.so: undefined symbol:
>svn_config__enumerate_sections
>Nov 13 20:14:29 rbmain httpd: httpd startup failed

shrek-m wrote:
is there a *.rpmnew-file ?

# ls /etc/httpd/conf.d/

# locate mod_authz_svn
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_authz_svn.so
/usr/share/doc/subversion-1.1.0/mod_authz_svn-INSTALL

--------
# cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf

LoadModule dav_svn_module     modules/mod_dav_svn.so
LoadModule authz_svn_module   modules/mod_authz_svn.so

#
# Example configuration to enable HTTP access for a Subversion
# repository, "/home/svnroot".  This repository must be readable
# and writable by the 'apache' user.
#

#<Location /svn/repos>
#   DAV svn
#   SVNPath /home/svnroot
#
#   # Limit write permission to list of valid users.
#   <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
#      # Require SSL connection for password protection.
#      # SSLRequireSSL
#
#      AuthType Basic
#      AuthName "Authorization Realm"
#      AuthUserFile /path/to/passwdfile
#      Require valid-user
#   </LimitExcept>
#</Location>
----/----

--
shrek-m

ok...I did the above as per shrek. All files do seem to be in place but
I am still at a loss of what exactly I am to do to get thru this
problem. I noticed that http.conf makes calls to load this module and of
course, loads of other modules; but I don't understand what role
subversion.conf plays...I don't know where it is actually called from
and I don't really understand what the example config for a "Subversion
repository is all about.

I think what I really need at this time is some direction as to
where/how to get smart on all this. RTFM is not anything new to me as it
is not to just about everyone here that participates in this forum but I
just need some direction on "which" FM to read and where to get it at!
lol Is this part of the selinux thing or what? I really dunno.

thx y'all

rado