problem on fc3 install dell cerc sata raid card/aacraid driver-UPDATED?

John H. mistamaila at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 16:23:46 UTC 2004

Ok, we have a dell poweredge 1800.  If we do fc3
linux rescue, it sees all the drives as a single raid
container, making /dev/sda correctly display as
220gb.

I can modify, create, delete, mount, and write to
partitions from there.  On login to linux rescue, it
says "loading aacraid" which seems to be correct.

HOWEVER, on fc3 actual install, it says, on the consle
portion, loading aacraid, but when it gets to
partition portion, it generally fails(but not always)
on accessing/seeing /dev/sda.  It ALWAYS fails when I,
for instance, go to manual partition, (which, since I
partitioned in linux rescue[it would not work through
here], it shows all the partitions correctly), and
tell it a mount point, and do not format, it craps out
saying cannot access /dev/sda or cannot see it, or
input/output error, then reboots.

help?  Do i need to provide some parameter on booting
the linux install?  I can do EVERYTHING fine with the
partition from linux rescue, what's the deal with the
install?