flakey mouse problems

Dan Anderson dan.w.anderson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 17:58:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:58:22 -0500, rado <rado at rivers-bend.com> wrote:

> the mouse: it's like, if maybe I hit an edge of the screen it goes
> bananas...if maybe sometimes if it passes over the task bar it just
> starts throwing everything to the screen...then maybe if it happens to
> pass at the top of the screen and hits a program menu it just starts to
> open up stuff that was never opened...this is not just a constant
> deal..I cannot pinpoint it as it's not something that I can make repeat
> constantly...that's why I described it as just "flakey"  ummm maybe like
> a lady w/pms w/a loaded 45 in her hand?  ::ducking:: hahahaha

I had a similar problem with RH9 up to FC2 using a PS2 KVM. My
solution was ultimately to buy a USB KVM and ditch the PS2 one. None
of the driver changes I tried made any difference.

Sometimes I could temporarily solve the problem by Ctrl-Alt-F1,
Ctrl-Alt-F7 (basically go to a console screen, then back to X).

--
Dan