GeForce FX Go 5200 on a Inspiron 8600 running FC3

Mathew S. Nowend mathewnowend at swfla.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 19:13:20 UTC 2004

Well I followed the link to the thread below and read the whole thing.  I
followed both ways of getting my card to work.  When I rebooted X did start
and I was running at 1920x1200 however when I tried to do anything the
machine locked but I still had mouse control.  So I had to reboot. I was
logged on as a user not as root.  So when I rebooted I logged into X this
time as root and I was at 800x600 resolution.  When I went to check display
settings it brought up the setting options then wouldn't allow me to choose
anything or allow me to do anything just like before so I had to power cycle
the machine.  Any ideas?  :)

Thanks

Mathew