System Tools Root Password Prompt

Randy Chrismon rchrismon at patmedia.net
Fri Nov 19 00:58:59 UTC 2004

When I first installed Fedora 2 -- a week ago -- the any of the system
tools would prompt me for the root password. At some point in the last
two days, this stopped. Now all the tools do is throw up a message box
saying I have insufficient rights. This is when I am logged in as a
regular user. I have a very vauge recollection that there's a
configuration file somewhere (naturally) that controls this behavior but
I haven't been able to come up with the key words that will get me to
the right place in a doc or archive search.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Randy