Problems with SSL accessw through a web browser

ian douglas id at w98.us
Fri Nov 19 01:11:26 UTC 2004

akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> However, when I try access to imaps through a web server using a
> https:// web address the results are baffling.
> Anyone have information on this they are willing to share?

/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf will tell you where the certificate needs to be.

To generate a new one, try this:

cd /etc/httpd/conf/
make server.crt

One of the options you'll enter is the hostname of the machine the cert
is for.

Also ... if you enter a password when generating the key file, you'll
need to type that password in every time you restart apache (ie: remove
apache's logs from logrotate if you have it installed, otherwise Apache
will shut down every Sunday night), and you'll need to modify the
ssl.conf file to point at the new .crt and .key files you just made.

Welcome to SSL and secure web browsing.

-id