Problems with sound drivers in Fedora Core 3

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Nov 19 01:42:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 17:19 -0800, Lane Inman wrote:

> This seems to be pretty common of an issue for people; and I would
> like to see how this can get resolved.  I have released version of fc3
> on dual opteron machine with a soundblaster live 5.1; it does not
> function even after using the mixer to unmute and bring all outputs to
> full volume:

I have a similar setup.  When I do a fresh install I cannot use either
the alsamixer or aumix by themselves to unmute the sound.

What I found is that neither (by itself) will unmute the sounds.  I have
to go into each mixer independently and set the volume controls, then
save that and go into the other mixer to do the same.  Once I have
preset volumes in both mixers, then either will control it by itself.