Fedora and controller SCSI ADAPTEC AHA1505

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Nov 19 08:45:56 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 03:17 +0100, Nicola Ricciarelli wrote:
> Someone of you have been able to let this controller work with Fedora?
> I've a SCSI scanner (Epson GT5500).
> The I/O=0x140, the IRQ=09, the SCSI_ID=02     .. but adding
> aha152x=0x140,09,02 in   grub.conf   well the controller is not
> detected.
> I know the controller is very old, but sufficient to control only a SCSI
> scanner.

The aha152x module is still supplied with Fedora kernels so you should
be able to get it to work.

Try adding the following line to /etc/modprobe.conf (assuming you're
running FC2 or FC3):

options aha152x aha152x=0x140,09

If you then do a "modprobe aha152x", is the module loaded and the
controller detected?

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>