OT: Power Supplies

Si Jones si at bananas.hopto.org
Fri Nov 19 15:01:12 UTC 2004

I would check where your motherboard is pulling the 5v for the usb, if it's
pulling it from the 5vsb then it will cause you lot's of problems because most
power supply's give 2amps on the 5vsb, each single usb port requires 500ma so
if you have 4 usb ports running then you have taken all the 5vsb just on the
usb and not got anything for the motherboard to power it self off.

So if you can change the usb to be powered off the normal 5v line which has
far more juice...

Regards,

Si