FC3 + Dell WUXGA Screen + NVidia = Working Configuration

John Burton j.c.burton at gats-inc.com
Fri Nov 19 16:02:19 UTC 2004

Gregory Gulik wrote:

> This is very interesting.
>
> I've been struggling with my Toshiba laptop with a WXGA 1280x800
> display.  I've seen several xorg.conf files all have issues so I've been
> trying to figure out the format myself.
>
> My specific question is how do you determine how to write your own
> ModeLine?  Do you have a reference to good documentation on how to make
> my own?

Hmmm...curious... I have an HP/COMPAQ nx7000 Laptop with a WUXGA
1689x1050 display. It has the ATI Mobil Radeon graphics set. Although
FC3 didn't recognize the "W" modes on installation, I was able to simply
add "1680x1050" to modes in the Display section of the xorg.conf file,
and it worked fine. My xorg.conf file didn't have any "Mode" lines like
were shown in the file Jason attached. Perhaps he upgraded from XFree to
Xorg? I did a fresh install of FC3 on this system. Attached is my
xorg.conf file.

John