FC3 + Dell WUXGA Screen + NVidia = Working Configuration

Gregory Gulik greg at gulik.org
Fri Nov 19 16:12:14 UTC 2004

I did try that too and it didn't work.  I found an xorg.conf somewhere
for my laptop that "sorta works" that does have the ModeLines.  Since
that's the only change over a base config I'm trying to understand the
ModeLines so I can try to make it work better.

One problem I'm having is that my display won't work at all with the
2.6.9 kernel with the NVIDIA card that's installed in my laptop (Compaq
R3000Z).  I'm stuck at an old 2.6.8 kernel from FC3T3.

I'm really starting to hate NVIDIA.

The "nv" driver doesn't happen to work on this particular card.

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org