FC3 Hangs initializing audio

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Nov 19 17:27:17 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 19.11.2004 schrieb Brian Truter um 9:42:

> I performed a clean install of FC3 on my Toshiba Satelite laptop
> tonight. It was previously running FC1. The install proceded without
> incident, and finished properly. Upon reboot, the systen hangs after
> starting udev:
>
> Initializing hardware...  storage network audio
>
> What are my options at this point? Is there a boot parameter I can
> pass to the kernel at the boot prompt such as "noaudio" or "audio=no"?

Please see the list archive for further discussion on this topic.

At grub boot screen press "a" to be able to change the kernel parameter
line and delete there "rhgb quiet" and add a "3" (all without quotes).
This will prevent the graphical boot screen and give the normal verbose
initialisation output starting up to runlevel 3. From there on you can
go further.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:26:57 up 15:08, 16 users, 0.05, 0.26, 0.40