ls colors question

Stuart MacDonald stuartm at connecttech.com
Fri Nov 19 19:44:45 UTC 2004

ls colours in FC3 are much much darker than in previous RH releases.
It's almost as if my old RH 7.2 system was using light blue for
directories, and FC3 is using dark blue. I've compared the LD_COLORS
env variable, they are identical. I've compared the actual ASNI codes
that ls outputs (--color=always > file) and they are the same!

So that implies that the terminal is doing the colors differently.
I tried slogging through the termcap/terminfo, I really did. I was
unable to find anything that looked like a color table/specification/
layout/map.

Why is "blue" now "dark blue"? How can I change that so the new blue
is the same as the old blue (aka "light blue")?

.Stu