ls colors question

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Fri Nov 19 20:08:52 UTC 2004

Stuart MacDonald wrote:
> Why is "blue" now "dark blue"? How can I change that so the new blue
> is the same as the old blue (aka "light blue")?

My solution is final solution.  No more blue >:->

    # rm -f /etc/profile.d/colorls*

[ insert evil laugh here ]

Frankly, I've always hated that alias in /etc/profile.d (even more than
the vi -> vim alias).  Yeah, cool if you are on the console, or if your
terminal background is black or just a bit off-black.  Sucks big time on
anything else.  Plus the spelling was completely wrong.  Should have
been colourls.sh :->  (but I'd hate it anyhow).