HELP: FC2 and Dell TrueMobile 1150 wifi card

Jon Savage jonathansavage at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 00:44:59 UTC 2004

> After every little tweak I still get the error message above everytime I try ifup eth1.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Curt Goff
I'm using a card that uses the same drivers and have seen that behaviour.
Try this: (worked for me anyway)
assuming you have a graphical session up & the card is plugged in-

First open a terminal window and do cardctl eject as root, eject the
card & plug it back in
then from the applicaions menu go to:
applications-->System Settings-->network
*delete* the wireless device(s)
do 'new-->wireless connection from that same GUI, hopefully your card
will show up. Add in your ESSID, WEP key, channel etc... save the
config. Also edit the devices properties to allow users to
activate/deactivate it (if you want to). Save.
At this point, with any luck, you should be able to activate the device from:
applications--> system tools-->Network Device Control

You *may* have to reboot, one of my laptops did the other did not.
Also check if the NetworkManager daemon is running, that has been a
little hit or miss; for some folks it works *great* for others causes
all kinds of grief.

Adding the network monitor applet to one of the panels is helpful
and/or dmesg for troubleshooting.

--
Bests,
Jon