Problems with sound drivers in Fedora Core 3

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 20 02:17:27 UTC 2004

Ed Wilts wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 07:40:15PM -0500, Greg Lobring wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:06:55 +1000, david walcroft
>><david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>

>>>Lane,
>>>        I have an Audigy card using the EMU10k1 driver and had a problem
>>>similar to yours my cure was to disable a check box (gnome-alsamixer) called
>>>"Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack" then I got sound.
>>>
>>>      david
>>>

>>David, could you elaborate a little more and describe how exactly you
>>did this? I don't see a check box anywhere.
>>

>Since I just ran into this (see my own post before I spotted this
>thread), I'll add my thoughts here.  In KDE, fire up KMix and go to the
>Switches tab.  There you will find a toggle for "Audigy Analog/Digital
>Output Jack".  Turn that off.
>
>When playing CDs with KsCD, I found that I had configure it for direct
>digital playback and now everything seems to work.
>
>So far, so good...

Greg,
        It's likely that your card doesn't support digital and therefore
no checkbox,you basicly need to experiment
to find the problem.
1/  Does "lspci" show the card
2/ Is it listed in /etc/sysconfig/hwconf
3/ Does "system-config-soundcard" work
4/ run "alsactl store"  is it shown in "less /etc/asound.state"
5/ If it is logout - login run "alsactl restore" -- what happens --
6/ The module is loaded "lsmod"
7/ Try diferrent mixers Kmix;Alsamixer;Aumix.

   david