Can't install Thunderbird in FC3 - (Newbie)

Richard Ihnatowicz rihn at carolii.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 14:16:57 UTC 2004

Patrick Boutilier wrote:

> Richard Ihnatowicz wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> I get this error:
>>
>> run-mozilla.sh: Cannot execute ./bash-bin.
>

> Try running thunderbird in the same directory you ran run-mozilla.sh .
>

>> What am I doing wrong? I only just installed Linux so I'm very green
>> at it (sorry). Any help greatly appreciated. :-)
>> TIA
>> Richard

Thanks Patrick - I think the problem may be that I upgraded to Firefox
first. According to the thunderbird script it is looking for
mozilla-bin, and I don't have one anywhere on the system. There is a
firefox-bin, and I tried renaming every instance of mozilla (don't
really know what I'm doing here) to firefox, in both the thunderbird and
run-mozilla scripts, but it made no difference. The thunderbird script
just quits.

Should I dump Firefox and find an old Mozilla??