root at localhost

Doug Carter dscinland at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 20 16:32:06 UTC 2004

This is my first try with Fedora Core or Linux for that mater.
I started with a clean Hard drive. The Media check druing install passed the disc I had downloaded and burned. I selected ,Personal Desk Top, Auto Partion, and the Minimal package group (I've only downloaded the first disc-FC3-i386-disc1.iso )
Everything loaded fine, on the first boot after install all the lines had a [ OK  ] at the end of them.

Now this is my probem;
The screen comes up looking like I've shown below in comand line form.

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)
Kernel 2.6.9-1.667 on an i686

localhost login:            (I put "root" here )
Password:                  (I put the password I'd used during installation here)
[root at localhost ~]#     ( this is what comes up)

What do I do from here?
nothing I've tried will get me any farther.
I've read through the manuals and can not find any help for this problem

Doug Carter