Upgrating Fedora Again...

Giuseppe Greco giuseppe.greco at agamura.com
Sat Nov 20 19:04:22 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I've completed the upgrade from FC2 to FC3 successfully.

Now I've another machine running FC1 to upgrade to FC3...
I've installed the fedora-release-3-8.rpm and the
yum-2.0.5-1.rpm packages, and then issued the command
"yum upgrade". Well, always get the error message
".conflict between udev and kernel".

Any idea?

I've also downloaded the latest iso images, but I'm
not able to run the installation at all. After I insert
the first disc and restart the machine, Anaconda starts
and asks me for keyboard settings and language... OK.
Then Anaconda asks me for the location from where to
install the RPMs... I specify "Local CDROM", but I get
back "unable to find FC3 cdrom" or something similar...

Note that I used these same CDs to upgrade another
machine from FC2 to FC3 without problems...

j3d.

Giuseppe Greco

::agamura::

phone:  +41 (0)91 604 67 65