Can't install FC3 on laptop won't accept CD #2

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Nov 21 04:38:32 UTC 2004

Am So, den 21.11.2004 schrieb Steve Watford um 5:14:

> I downloaded all the FC3 iso's.  Burned them fine. MD5SUMS check fine on all
> disks. Media checks are fine on all CD's.  When starting the install all is
> fine thru the initial setup, partitions are formatted and all is fine.  Then
> it asks for Disk #2. When it is inserted, program reports incorrect disk .
> Can't proceed with the install beyond that point.  I guess I can download
> and burn the DVD iso, but has anyone else seen this. All disks pass all
> tests, but it won't go on to the second disk.  Computer is a new hp laptop
> that has XP preinstalled on it.  I've been using linux since 7.2 and haven't
> seen this one before.

> Steve

If you are sure CD2 is fine, then start installation with either "linux
ide=nodma" or "linux cdnodma" at install boot prompt. You can too switch
to console 3 or 4 to see more information by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F[3,4]
(or without Ctrl if doing a text install).

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 05:37:34 up 1 day, 25 users, load average: 0.35, 0.35, 0.37