weird time stuff in FC3

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 21 04:39:56 UTC 2004

linux r wrote:

>>Atlantic/South Georgia is the country not the state.  Look for America/*
>>that is closest to you.
>>
>>Matthew E. Lauterbach
>>

>Right, I tried changing that to the Dawsons creek one and it made no
>differrence.

That selection is not available on my system using FC2, but
America/New_York is.  Can you try that one?

>Tried to go into the System Settings and change it.  It showed  approx.
>11:05 pm in the System Settings, but still has a weird time set on the
>desktop. Inside the GUI it says 11 pm but the characters say 01:00
>am.  Meanwhile the desktop now says 09:06.
>
>And another weird thing - FC3 has a little 3, my character 3 has never
>been this tiny.  Don't know where that came from but it is definitely
>new.

Sounds like the language setting has changed too.  Try running
system-config-language and see what language your system is set to.
Sounds like something happened to your setup.  Did you do a forced
powerdown (powering the system down without going through shutdown)?

--

James McKenzie
jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Brought to you by Fedora Core 2 and Mozilla Mail 1.7.3