Suggestion for Multi User Image Gallery

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Nov 21 05:35:52 UTC 2004

Am So, den 21.11.2004 schrieb Ow Mun Heng um 5:41:

> I'm looking around for a PHP/MySQL (or just directory based) image
> gallery which can accomodate a couple of users.

> Most importantly, it must be able to be used by multiple users, with
> web-based upload.
>
> I've looked at
[ ... ]
> gallery <--This looks nice
> (http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php)

> Can anyone provide some suggestions?

> Ow Mun Heng

Me and some friends are running gallery (URL above). It is a very
powerful and great application at all. What's negative is that you have
to frequently upgrade or at least install patches due to security
issues. Unfortunately the same as with so much other PHP applications -
either this is a severe argument against PHP as a programming language
or against PHP programmer's skills or care for good code.
Gallery has it's own user management / storage. The new Gallery 2 which
is still under heavy development and I think in alpha state runs with
MySQL in the background. Image upload is both possible by simply using a
browser (a Java applet is used) or even with an own tool called Remote
Gallery.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 06:35:31 up 1 day, 1:23, load average: 0.04, 0.15, 0.32