LCD screen resolution problem

Arnaud Yssorche yssorche.arnaud at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 21 13:44:20 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm a new french Fedora user, and I don't know many things about Linux
(and about english language too !).

I got a Sony Vaio PCG-FR415B laptop and I've installed Fedora Core 3.
But I can't obtain a 1024 x 768 resolution (just 800 x 60O).

It's got an  15'' XGA (1024 x 768) TFT LCD screen, wich is not
recognised by the OS. I can't choose any model in the dialog box. The
video card is an ATI Radeon IGP 345 M one (wich seems recognised).

Should I change X11 or Gnome parameters ? Have I well installed
Fedora  ? Should I download packages ?

Thank you for your help.

Arnaud.