configuring shells at tty1 to tty6

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Sun Nov 21 18:53:18 UTC 2004

Hi Fabio,

Sure edit grub.conf and add the text "vga=792" to the kernel line:
(i.e.-> kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.3_FC2 ro root=LABEL=/ vga=792 )

If you want to syslog all of the emergency messages to tty6 you could do
something like this:

Edit syslog.conf and change
*.emerg		/dev/tty6

(note there are two tabs between the *.emerg and /dev/tty6)

You can change any of the log levels like that.

Afterwards just HUP or restart syslog

HTH,
Harry