OT: Power Supplies

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Mon Nov 22 01:44:32 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 17:53 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 10:54 -0800, RoboticGolem wrote:
> > Well that settles that.  I ran all day yesterday with no problems...
> > The memtest ran from 9pm - 1pm with no errors, but at about 7:30pm
> > last night when the washer and dryer were going that it started up
> > again.  Also there is a garage band that plays now and again, and I am
> > located (I believe) on the same grid as a football stadium.
> >
> > Now the real trick, which one do I get.
> >

> If by "which one" you mean "which UPS", then I'll add a vote for APC.
> Over the last 15 years, I have consistently had better ownership and use
> experiences with APC than with anything else in the consumer class. Get
> one of those.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>

As I said in my earlier post I had a cheap UPS and an APC, the cheap one
burn up P-U ! But the APC was fine.  The reason I mentioned your grid is
my brother-in-law is an electrician back in Philly and once told me
homes are nothing, do you know how much juice it takes to push a train?
Stadium lights?

On a OT I'm in Seattle and the baseball stadium roof retracts, yes it
dose rain here all the time.  But they check the weather report first,
because of the thousands of dollars it costs to pull the roof back and
forth.  BTW we all voted NO to the 1/2 bil. to build it, but somehow it
got built.  I said I'd never go in that place, but try to tell a 7 YO
boy you can't see a baseball game because Daddy is making a political
statement, I went.  Nice place, but it should be for what we paid!

Tim...
--
Shameless plug for my
brother-in-laws Irish band