help

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 13:41:26 UTC 2004

Essam Salamah wrote:
> I have installed Fedora release 3, but I was not able to update, any
> help of how to update?

Welcome to Fedora!

The short answer is to run either
yum update
or
up2date
both of which, IIRC, should upgrade your installation.

In order to help you more, however, we do need to know

 * are you connected to the Internet? What sort of internet connection
   do you have (cable, modem, etc.)? How does it connect to your PC
   (external serial modem, USB ADSL modem, etc.)?

 * Can you browse the Web?

 * Are you on a corporate network? Do you have to enter any proxy
   settings in your Web browser?

 * What sort of error messages are you getting?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |