DVD Drives

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Nov 22 16:23:08 UTC 2004

Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> Is there a hardware compatibility list for DVD drives that work in
> Fedora 2 and 3?  I was advised that Pioneer had made an 8 gig drive that
> may be good for me.   Is that drive being used by anyone?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Ennis

I have two LG drive in two different computers.  Only problem with any
DVD's made was due to my own fingers making a command line error.  I
had thought I had some problems but it turned out my home DVD player
was failing. :(

LG GSA-4160B Dual-layer at work.  Used it within minutes of installing
it with K3b.  Read a review the day before my drive arrived and NEC
and LG drives were one and two.

--
Robin Laing