reexecuting prelink

William Lovaton walovaton at yahoo.com.mx
Tue Nov 23 00:51:20 UTC 2004

Jakub,

Isn't a shame that firefox and openoffice.org couldn't be prelinked due
to this library paths thing??  I think those programs (specially OOo)
are the main reasons to use prelink.

I tried to solve this by myself but I realized that, for
example, /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.3/libgtkembedmoz.so needs libxpcom.so but
there are two files, one in mozilla and one in firefox:
/usr/lib/firefox-0.10.1/libxpcom.so
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.3/libxpcom.so

If I add the two of them to /etc/ld.so.conf.d, that would generate a
conflict I guess, or the programs (and prelink) are smart enough to know
which of them are the right ones??

How can I tell if a given binary or library is currently prelinked?

I'm just looking to see if I can get OOo start even faster.  ;-)

-William