fc3 and chinese

Leon Ho llch at redhat.com
Tue Nov 23 00:51:32 UTC 2004

Hi Xiaotian,

> I tried stopping iiim service before logging in.  Now terminals work
> ok.  But firefox still hangs.  I guess htt_xbe still runs when log in
> with zh_CN locale.

I cannot able to reproduce the hang even though I have htt_xbe running
but not htt_server.

Can you able to try running this explicitly:
  LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8 GTK_IM_MODULE=iiim firefox

and see if it changes the behavior?

> Actually I don't really care which locale I use, as long as I can
> input Chinese.  I believe with IIIMF, I *should* be able to input
> different languages even in en_US locale.  So the problem is down to
> why htt_server denies access from localhost.

Yup, you should able to. I had my laptop upgrade from FC2->FC3.
Tagoh-san will work with you on that in the bug entry on the deny access
problem.

Cheers,
Leon