passing real geometry of hard disk to Linux

Parameshwara Bhat pbhat at ongc.net
Tue Nov 23 01:09:50 UTC 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:28:20 -0500, Robert L Cochran
<cochranb at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Well, what is your motherboard name and version and your BIOS version?
> Your present motherboard and CPU must be extremely old by today's
> standards.

Yes, old but serving my needs. BIOS upgrade not available.

> What version of Fedora Core are you trying to install?

FC1, FC2 Both I have tried with exactly similar results

> Check to see if there are BIOS updates available to you. Update your
> BIOS first. Then install Fedora.
>
> If you can afford it, a better option might be to replace the
> motherboard, CPU, and memory.

I have other options. Only thing is , other distros of linux -
suse,knoppix - at the same kernel level are working with the same
configuration.

It is more a question of curiosity and technology

Thank you,

Parameshwara Bhat