pcmcia wifi card for FC2/FC3

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Nov 22 12:05:40 UTC 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 14:49, Marvin Dickens wrote:
> I've had remarkable luck with the ndiswrapper driver
> (ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net) and linksys wireless-g adapters. In our
> case, this driver has performed flawlessly without a so much as a hick-
> up. The ndiswrapper driver supports any card that works with windoze.

I'd not recommend buying a card that requires ndiswrapper:
It will not work on anything nut IA32 (except maybe if you're lucky AMD-64).
It does not encourage vendors to help write proper Linux drivers; the best
encouragement is buying kit from those who help such as Intersil and Atheros.

If you want to run Windows software, run Windoss:-)

I _would_ use ndiswrapper if I had a card that requires it and I couldn't pass
it on to a Windows user.

--
Cheers
John