IMAP Errors in Syslog

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 23 15:28:39 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 09:27, Roger Grosswiler wrote:

> try MECH=pam
>
> i had similar problems, using pam, they are solved.
>
> HTH
> Roger

Roger,

No go.  Changed /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd such that MECH=pam and
restarted imapd and saslauthd.  Errors persist.

The sql_select error bothers me, as I have not configured anything to
use any type sql queries.

/ets/sysconfig/saslauthd is back to the original (MECH=shadow).  I also
tried commenting out sasl_mech_list: PLAIN in cyrus-imapd.conf to no
avail.  It almost looks like imapd is trying different methods
regardless of the config file.  I also noticed that when cyrus-imapd is
restarted (via the service command) that pop3 also gets the same errors.

BTW:  This is FC3.  I cannot remember seeing these errors in FC2.

Bob...