Problems with wine & new kernel

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Tue Nov 23 16:04:26 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I use Crossover Office in my work-laptop in order to use "Lotus Notes".  After
I installed (using up2date) the latest kernel 2.6.9 (official update from
yesterday) I'm not able to run "Lotus Notes" anymore. I rebooted the machine
using the new kernel and when I try Lotus Notes I get:

--------------------- cut here ----------------------------------
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
Use of uninitialized value in scalar chomp at /home/jorge/cxoffice/bin/wine
line 744.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
at /home/jorge/cxoffice/bin/wine line 746.
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!

The problem is that I switched back to the old kernel and I still have the
same problem. It's probably something the kernel rpm did when I installed it.
Something related to modules/libraries... Anyone any idea?

Thanks,
Jorge