Digital Cameras x USB drive

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Tue Nov 23 17:05:20 UTC 2004

Hi,

I changed from RH8 to FC3 last week. In RH8, whenever I plugged my
digital camera, a folder in /mnt would appear called "camera", and then
I'd mount it and all was ok: I could just use the camera as a HD. As for
my USB drive, it would appear as /mnt/usbstick.

Now, after installing FC3, my camera appears as /media/usbdisk, while my
usb drive appears as /media/SPGT-5608. Is there anyway I can at least
change the names back to "camera" and "usbstick" or "usbdisk"? (I don't
care using the /media directory.)

Thanks,
             Gustavo.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student