PHP-4.3.9-3 Recompile Fails

Lummoxx lummoxx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 18:05:53 UTC 2004

I changed to my gmail address.  I wasn't getting the individual
messages at the previous address.  That being said, so far, I haven't
gotten any individual messages at this address yet, either.  Only the
digests.  Please forgive me if the quoting gets confusing, I'm going
to copy/paste as best I can.  :)  Hopefully the individual messages
will start arriving soon so I can reply to them properly.

--copy--->
> rpm -ivh --define '_topdir /home/rpmbuild/rpm' php-4.3.9-3.src.rpm

Create a file ~rpmbuild/.rpmmacros with the following line:

%_topdir	%(echo $HOME)/rpm

You can then leave off the --define '_topdir /home/rpmbuild/rpm' when building
RPMs.
<-----

Thanks for the tip.  Created the file.

--copy--->
> --with-sybase=/opt/sybase

Missing \ at the end of the line.

<-----

Heh..crud.  Fixed.

--copy-->
Do you have the curl-devel package installed?

<-----

Yes.  curl-devel-7.12.1-1.

Unfortunately, the error remains.

Thanks a lot for the quick replies!