Media players compatible with Linux?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Nov 23 18:27:13 UTC 2004

Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 10:30, Robin Laing wrote:
>
>>HaJo Schatz wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, November 23, 2004 1:05, Gregory Gulik said:
>>>

> Are you planning on using mythtv?  Have been looking at setting one up.

At present, yes.

I have read many good reviews and comparisons between Microsofst media
center.  I am also looking at VideoLan on how it integrates.  As we
only have one over the air station here, satellite interface is the
big issue.  I also want HDTV compatibility.

My first issue is the storage array.  I want enough storage space for
a whole slew of DVD's (so the kids don't have to keep changing them)
and CD's.

I am ripping CD's now and with the number, I don't want to deal with a
crash where I have to re-install or re-rip.  RAID array is the best
option for protection.

--
Robin Laing