Can ndiswrapper be included in Fedora????

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 23 23:55:43 UTC 2004

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>Hi
>
>I cooda sworn it was GPL. It is. Website ays so.
>-----
>
>i am aware of that. that doesnt necessarily make it free software. for
>example the mp3 decoders like lame are by themselves under a free
>software license but patents on them override their freeness. in case
>of this wrapper its only useful for working with proprietary drivers.
>such a piece of code is called "contrib" in debian. its free software
>which depends on non free software to be usable. similar to java and
>tomcat for example.

I checked the tarball for ndiswrapper-0.12rc3 and don't see a license
document in there explicitly saying the software is GPL'ed. In fact I
don't see any license document there, of any sort.

I also checked the website's "wiki" pages and don't see any licensing
terms either -- or any statements that this is GPL'd software.

Bob