FC3 / Adaptec SCSI RAID (dpt_i2o)

Jason Van Patten jvp at lateapex.net
Wed Nov 24 00:45:29 UTC 2004

Hi folks -

I'm trying to install FC3 on my machines equipped with Adaptec's SCSI
zero-slot RAID controllers.  Typically, that requires the dpt_i2o
module, which apparently isn't available for the FC3 install kernel.

Since I have FC3 installed on a laptop, I used that to build the
dpt_i2o.ko module.  I transfered it to a CD, which I loaded into the 2nd
CDROM on my machine.  When Fedora's installer asked for "other drivers"
I told it to use /dev/hdb.  It didn't find anything.

Do I need more than just the dpt_i2o.ko file on the CD?  Can I even use
a CD as a "driver disk?"  I don't have a floppy drive installed in the
machine.

Any other suggestions?  Thanks!

jas
--