eggcups and g-v-m crashes on login after update

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Nov 24 02:24:14 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 24.11.2004 schrieb William Lovaton um 2:03:

> I just made some upgrades yesterday (via yum) and today after boot I
> realized that eggcups and g-v-m crashes on login.  I suspect that this
> is because HAL is not running.  During boot it says HAL [OK] but there
> is no proccess hal in the system (ps -fe | grep -i hal) and when
> shutting down it says HAL [FAILED].
>
> When logging in 2 crash window dialogs pop up, one for eggcups and one
> for g-v-m.  eggcups insists many times until it completely dissapears.

> -William

Could be found in the list archive from the last days: run
"/etc/cron.daily/prelink" manually. This will repair the eggcups fail at
least. A fix package is currently in updates-testing.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 03:23:32 up 3 days, 22:11, load average: 0.38, 0.68, 0.38