Up2date: Xorg never resolves dependencies

Jack Holden jeholden-linux at starband.net
Wed Nov 24 03:37:05 UTC 2004

Hi-

I'm having some difficulty with Up2date.  I appreciate any help.

I have a pretty basic FC3 install, and I've updated everything through
Up2date.  The RHN Applet shows that there are 13 updates available.
When I launch Up2date, it finds 12 xorg updates and 1 sound-juicer
update.  Here's the catch - the new versions are exactly the same as the
old versions except for ".FC3.1" added to the end.  If I select any of
these, then Up2date will spend forever trying to resolve dependencies.
If I kill the dependency search dialog, it seems like every rpm on the
repository is listed.  This has been going on for over a week.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on?  Have I messed up my
install?  Please let me know if any additional information would help.
I don't really know what to include.  My /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date file
is unmodified.

TIA.

- Jack Holden
jeholden at starband.net