Cannot open remote GUI with Fedora 3

Jinming Xu cybermanxu at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 24 03:50:20 UTC 2004

Dear All,

I just installed FC3 on my machine and encountered a problem in opening
remote GUI. I attempted to run some programs with GUI on a remote machine
after I connected to it with SSH from my local FC3 machine. But the GUI
cannot be displayed on my local machine. As usual I firstly ran "xhost
+remotemachine" on my local machine.  Then I logged into the remote machine
and ran "setenv DISPLAY localmachine:0.0" there before I attempted to run
the GUI program.  This all worked well with my previous FC2.  But somehow
it's no longer working with FC3.  Are there any tricks with this?  Or is
there a bug with FC3 on this issue?

Hope some experts of you can help me out with this.

Thanks in advance.

Jinming