cups - fails after printing test page

Bob Hartung rwhart at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 24 03:43:44 UTC 2004

Hi all,
   I have a clean install of FC3 with all updates through 11/22 at
midnight installed.

   I am using KDE and Control Center printer management to set up CUPS.
  After the set up I can print a test page from the set up dialogue.
However, after set up is complete when I select the printer to print
another test, I get a pop up with the following:

    cupsdoprint -P'HP4600DN' -J 'KDE Print Test' -J 'localhost:631' -o
    'multiple-document-handling=separate-documents-uncollated-copies
    orientation-requested=3' '/use/share/apps/kdeprint/testprint.ps':

    Execution failed with message:

    client-error-not-possible

THis is the same behavior if I try to use the http://localhost:631 route
to set up a printer.  I am perplexed.  I have used CUPS for over a year
without a problem.  Now with FC3, I cannot get it working beyond the
first test page.

Any ides on where to start looking: