Gmail account and this mailinglist

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 05:20:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:30:48 +0800 (HKT), HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net> wrote:

> On Wed, November 24, 2004 10:54, Alexander Dalloz said:
> > To all who follow this list by getting the mails through a Gmail account
> > and who mail with it here.
> >
> > It seems that GMail - which appears to be popular among the subscribers
> > - is setting the sender email address automatically too as the reply-to
> > address, though this is not necessary.
>
> File a bug report with them here:
> http://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_bugs

Who said this is a bug?  Okay, here is the test: I have changed the
settings in gmail to a blank Reply-To: field.  How does it come across
on your end?  The thing is, the default is to set the field with the
user's email.  Thanks for pointing out where to file bugs, though.
I've been wondering if there was such a place and where it was : ).

Jonathan