FC3 Seems to "Freeze" sometimes

P Jones mail4xxxx at imap.cc
Wed Nov 24 14:07:43 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 09:10 -0400, Colin O'Flynn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a wierd to me problem with FC3. It occasionally seems to stop
> responding for periods of time. I can't click on anything with the mouse,
> then eventually it starts responding again.
>
> Some useful information:
>
> -Using KDE
> -Using nvidia driver
>
> It seems to happen when Firefox is open, though I have that open a lot anyway.
> I get some error messages from X about "BadWindow" and invalid window
> parameter. However I seem to get these when there is no problem as well..
>
> Anyone else see this? I tried searching but couldn't find much.
>
> Regards,
>
>  -Colin

Hi Colin;

In FC2 a problem that sounds like the problem you're having was traced
to Klipper, the KDE clipboard applet. Try killing it and see if that
solves your problem. I assume Klipper is running in your case, if not,
never mind... One of the solutions, as I recall, was to hit the escape
key a couple of times during the freeze.

-P