Fedora messed disk partitions!!!

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Wed Nov 24 16:57:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

We installed FC3 in a Windows laptop, keeping a separate partition for
Windows.

We then tried to copy the DVD-iso file to the Linux partition, when it
started giving an error saying "not enough space". The error persisted
even when changing to a different area, so we gave up and tried to reboot.

During rebooting, there was an error message from Fedora, saying it
found two /home and two / (root) and two /boot partitions,and it  asked
if we wanted to "correct it" (Unfortunately, I can't remember the
specific message). We said "Yes", and it rebooted ok.

Now it seems to be working, parted/print gives the corred results but,
when we open "Devices" in Konqueror (KDE), we see two of each partition,
one mounte and one unmounted. We tried reinstalling FC3 all over, but
those extra partitions survived!

How can that be? Are there any suggestions?

*Gustavo Seabra*
<http://www.ksu.edu/chem/personnel/faculty/grad/jvo/ortiz/people_seabra.html>
- Graduate Student
E-Mail: seabra at ksu.edu <mailto:seabra at ksu.edu>