FC3 kernel panic

calin alpha_team at dap.ro
Thu Nov 25 00:08:24 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I just upgraded my system and after installing FC3, when booting I get
the following message

Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel
audit(1101046871.4294965592:0): inititalized
Red Hat nash version 4.1.18 starting
mkrootdev: label / not found
mount: error 2 mounting ext3
mount: error 2 mounting none
switchroot:  mount failed:  22
  umount /initrd/dev failed: 2

I have two SATA drives, /dev/sda and /dev/sdb

sda is 40GB and has 3 partitions on it:

/dev/sda1 - /boot 100M ext3
/dev/sda2 - swap 1500M
/dev/sda3 - / the rest of it which is also ext3

Trying FC2 works without any problem.

TIA,

--
Calin Cosma

Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away.
                -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery