SATA + RAID + advice sought

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Wed Nov 24 17:28:42 UTC 2004

Jon Hill wrote:
> Do you think that Serial ATA should reasonably well on Linux now?

I had no problems with SATA so far (knock on the wood), worked rock
stable for me in both PATA compatibility mode (with 2.4 kernels) and
native SATA mode (with 2.6 kernels).  But, on the other hand, I used it
only on servers/controllers where manufacturer claimed support for
Linux.  I've heard of people having problems with some "Windows
supported only by manufacturer" components.