Latest kernel src??

Søren Neigaard s.neigaard at tiscali.dk
Wed Nov 24 19:08:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 20:03, Mariano Draghi wrote:
> Søren Neigaard wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Ive installed the latest kernel via up2date, and now I want the matching
> > kernel src to be able to build my NVidia kernel module.
>
> You don't need the kernel sources for building most kernel modules.
> Please, read the release notes.
> Also, please search the list archives for further comments/details on
> the issue. This pops up every single day here!

Well... I do need the source, the NVidia script asks for the source. So
yes I need it, and yes others have asked about NVidia before, but Im not
asking about NVidia, Im asking about the kernel source...

I have before installed the NVidia driver, which is pretty easy if you
have the kernel source, but I have some problems getting the latest
source. Can (will) you help here, or am I on my own?

Best regards
Søren