Where is the FC3 kernel Source?

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 24 19:13:24 UTC 2004

Sam Williams wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 04:40 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>

>>Am Mi, den 24.11.2004 schrieb Sam Williams um 3:24:
>>

>>>I have looked everywhere and have been unable to find the location of
>>>the FC3 kernel source. Dis manage to stumble upon the configs now
>>>located in /boot, but I can't find the source that was used to build any
>>>given FC3 kernel... Any help would be greatly appreciated?
>>>
>>>Sam Williams                                             samurai at acm.org
>>>

>>The FC3 release notes will tell you :)
>>
>>http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc3/x86/
>>
>>(They are too on your hard drive.) As Satish wrote with a big smile,
>>asked and answered numerous times.
>>

>Thanks all for your kind and patient responses to my query. As much as I
>would like to take the time to read everything that is released about
>everything in the world, particularly the fledgling Fedora project I
>sadly don't have enough time to do that. Its particularly easy for me to
>get confused when a time honored tradition is changed.
>
>I guess what I found particularly confusing in my search was the fact
>there was no /usr/src/linux, apparently that has changed and there was
>no installable package from either yum or apt that addressed the source
>need. I apologize for not reading the release notes, but I'm in the
>process of trying to use FC for a multi-million dollar, multi-
>architectural aircraft control and simulation environment. So in
>addition to having two corporations, several executive VP's, severe
>deadlines, and insufficient staffing I now must read all the project
>documentation. Whether or not you realize it, changes like this can
>cause great management discomfort over the use of FC.
>
>Anyway, thats my pain, sorry for sharing. Thanks again for your

I seem to have seen a few other posts from people who were lashing out
because they claimed they were on really mission critical projects and
list members weren't being nice and touchy feely and falling all over
themselves to be helpful with them. This post seems yet another of that
genre.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland